Released worldwide Q3 2019, Personal Vault is a OneDrive area that is protected by multi-factor authentication. The MFA options supported by Personal Vault include: fingerprint, face, PIN, or a code sent via e-mail or SMS.
While it doesn’t appear that Personal Vault offers encryption in the Cloud, your Personal Vault data will be encrypted when synced with your Windows 10 computer(s) that have BitLocker disk encryption enabled (Windows 10 version 1903 and later).
As of this writing, Personal Vault is not available with OneDrive for Business.
- Find and click the Personal Vault icon/link to begin the one-time setup
Optionally get the Phone Auth app
Drag & Drop files into your Personal Vault
- OneDrive Personal Vault and expandable storage now available worldwide: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/blog/2019/09/30/onedrive-personal-vault-expandable-storage-available-worldwide/
- Protect your OneDrive files in Personal Vault: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/protect-your-onedrive-files-in-personal-vault-6540ef37-e9bf-4121-a773-56f98dce78c4
- OneDrive Personal Vault: https://onedrive.live.com/about/personal-vault/
- How OneDrive safeguards your data in the cloud: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/how-onedrive-safeguards-your-data-in-the-cloud-23c6ea94-3608-48d7-8bf0-80e142edd1e1